We offer consulting services for tree health inquiries, risk assessments, pre-construction reports, inventories, and tree care plans.
What is a Tree Risk Assessment?
A tree risk assessment is a report outlining detailed information on the current state of a tree, the risks associated with its failure, and proposed solutions for mitigating risk.
Our Tree Risk Assessments
At Baum Tree Care, our tree risk assessments are based on ISA standards and include:
- A target assessment, identifying permanent or moving targets in the area, which could be at risk from the tree in question. Eg people, houses, cars.
- Site factors that may affect the stability of the tree, such as damage to root structure, or changes in grading.
- Risk categorization for the various defects outlined above — in order of priority.
- A tree health and species profile that describes the current health of the tree, along with a summary of problems common to that particular species.
- A consideration of load factors, such as protection or exposure to wind, competition from other trees, or potential ice formation in winter.
- A list of current tree defects and other conditions affecting the likelihood of failure, looking specifically at the crown, trunk, and root structure of the tree.
- Mitigation options for treating the tree in the future, which may include pruning, crown reductions, or even a full tree removal in certain cases.
Tree Care Plans
WHAT IS A TREE CARE PLAN?
A tree care plan includes a list of work necessary for every tree on your property, and includes shrubs. This plan allows you to create a list of priorities, based on the risks to people, property, and trees themselves.
Tree care plans are ideal for homeowners with larger properties, or for property managers looking to care for the grounds of an institution or commercial facility. A tree care plan will provide you with a detailed, long-term strategy for your whole property.
Imminent risks can be addressed right away and others can be scheduled for future years, based on your needs. For example, storm damaged trees will be a priority for the current year, while trees with minor defects can wait for a year or two before the work is completed.
Our tree care plans will typically span multiple years, providing advice for the next five years. A Baum Tree Care Plan will include:
- A detailed quote including recommendations for each item
- A timeline prioritizing each item based on risk of failure and need for immediate action
- A schedule for follow-up